Medical malpractice refers to the negligent conduct of doctors, nurses, therapists, or any other medical professionals or providers. This is why hiring a medical malpractice lawyer for your company is really important. There are several steps that are going to help your company getting a good lawyer:
- Finding a lawyer
- You can ask for referral from your current family lawyer or you can ask any of your friends to recommend you one if they know any.
- There are many website that can help you in finding a good lawyer for your company. Several of them provide ratings and reviews for the enrolled lawyers so that you can select what suits you the most.
- Using a search engine can also be helpful. Using local search engines would be really helpful in such cases. You can search “Your city/country + medical malpractice lawyers” which will help you in your search. For example searching Houston medical malpractice lawyers will get you a list of lawyers that are in Houston, Texas.
- You can contact the local bar association, they can help you in finding a good lawyer in your neighborhood.
- At last after all this research you can consider all your options. You can create a list of all the possible lawyers. Then you can check about their background on the state bar website.
- Interviewing and selection of the lawyer
- You can write down all the basic information that you want to know about the lawyer. You can ask him/her about their successful cases and how much experience they have.
- After this you can call the lawyer and set up an appointment date or you can even conduct the interview on the phone as well.
- Before the interview you are required to write down all the important questions that you want to ask, this way you won’t forget anything. You may ask a set of question regarding their cases, tell them about your company and the type of cases that they might encounter in the future.
You have to tell them if your company requires regular service of language translators.
You can also find out if the person you’re talking to will represent you, or it will be another attorney in the office.
If they have malpractice insurance.
If they are already working somewhere else how much time will they need before joining?
- Once finished with the interview you can meet the lawyer personally. This will show that you are serious about appointing them.
- You can thereafter create an agreement with the lawyer.
Other than all this you may need to consider the following points as well:
- In certain cases law only allows lawyers to take cases within a certain period of time.
- Even if you win the case, it may take several years to get the money.
- It’s your right if you want to sue the convicts or you want to go for a settlement. Don’t let your lawyer persuade with this.
- You can ask for the updates regarding your case over the phone time to time.
- If the lawyer is not responding to your call you can express your dissatisfaction and request your case file and get a new lawyer.
All these tips will ensure that you get a good lawyer for your company.