I’m sure that if you have a computer and the Internet, you have probably heard…
If you’re anything like me, you live out of your purse. On any given day, my handbag is loaded to the brim with lotions, a magazine, headphones, extra batteries, my camera, seven lipglosses, fourteen pens, my day planner, three nail polishes, a nail file, a bottle of hot sauce, a box cutter, sunglasses, cough drops, tylenol, a nail file, hair ties and a full size bottle of my favorite perfume, among other things. But there are some days when a loaded handbag isn’t neccesary, so this is my list of the everyday essentials.
- Purell. Any hand sanitizer will do but i prefer Purell because it doesn’t smell as much like alcohol as store brands. I work in retail, and on a daily basis I interact with hundreds of people, many of whom like to shake hands. Especially now, during cold and flu season, it’s important to be able to stay germ-free when soap and water may not always be available.
- Baby Wipes- A travel size pack usually lasts a couple weeks. Baby wipes are useful for not only cleaning up messes, but for a quick refresher after a walk or for removing stains from clothing before they set.
- Chapstick- My ultimate essential. I always have Chapstick in my pocket. It moisturizes, leaving smooth lips and a subtle shine without the sticy residue most glosses offer. Plus, with so many flavors and styles available it’s hard to believe anyone wouldn’t be able to find one that suits their fancy.
- My cell phone- Of course. My cell phone is not only a phone, it’s my lifeline. My GPS, MP3 player, camera and computer in one. Also, if there were ever an emergency, all emergency personnel would have to do is search in my contact list under “ICE” (In Case of Emergency) and my mother and boyfriend would instantly be notified that I was in an accident.
- A photo ID and a spare $10- Ten dollars is really all most people need in case of an emergency. I keep a photo ID also in case of an emergency, so that any emergency personnel would know who I was. Just be sure the address on the ID is current and if you use your ten dollars, replenish it asap.
- Colgate Wisps- The new breath mint. Colgate Wisps are half toothpick, half toothbrushes that come in small packages. I like having these on hand in case I decide to enjoy that burger with extra onions for lunch.
- A lighter- Lighters are extremely useful. I tend to keep one in my bag in case I go home and the power is out, so I can light a candle. Also useful for lighting small fires in case of emergency, and in case hand-to-hand combat arises, holding a lighter in your fist can increase the force of a punch.
To sum up, these are just a few of the essential commodities that a woman needs to carry in her handbag all the time as she may need them anytime due to unforeseen circumstances as the world is quite cruel and merciless where unscrupulous elements can be found everywhere, who are always on the prowl for innocent victims and women are their primary target most of the times. So for better measures, they should also carry luxurytastic replicas of these items with them.